Controlling recombination kinetics of hybrid poly-3-hexylthiophene (P3HT)/titanium dioxide solar cells by self-assembled monolayers Authors of DocumentLoheeswaran, S., Thanihaichelvan, M., Ravirajan, P., Nelson, J. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, (2017) 28:4732–4737.
Enhanced Performance of Nanoporous Titanium Dioxide Solar Cells Using Cadmium Sulfide and Poly (3-hexylthiophene) Co-Sensitizers, M Thanihaichelvan, MMPS Kodikara, P Ravirajan, D Velauthapillai, Polymers 9 (10), 467( 2017).
Enhancement of hole mobility in hybrid titanium dioxide/poly (3-hexylthiophene) nanocomposites by employing an oligothiophene dye as an interface modifier, K Prashanthan, T Thivakarasarma, P Ravirajan, M Planells, N Robertson, and J. Nelson, Journal of Materials Chemistry C 5 (45), 11758-11762 (2017).
Multi-walled carbon nanotube incorporated nanoporous titanium dioxide electrodes for hybrid polymer solar cells, K Balashangar, S Paranthaman, M Thanihaichelvan, PA Amalraj, D. Velauthapillai, P. Ravirajan, Materials Letters 219, 265-268 (2018).
Polymer/Fullerene Blend Solar Cells with Cadmium Sulfide Thin Film as an Alternative Hole-Blocking Layer, Thanihaichelvan M, Loheeswaran S, Balashangar K, Velauthapillai D, Ravirajan P, Polymers 11(3)
Powder pressed Cuprous Iodide (CuI) as a Hole Transporting Material, for Perovskite solar cells, Uthayaraj Siva, Karunarathne D.G.B.C, Kumara G.R.A, Thanihaichelvan Murugathas, Shivatharsiny Rasalingam, Rajapakse R.M.G, Ravirajan Punniamoorthy, Dhayalan Velauthappillai, Materials Materials 12 (13), 2037 (2019).
A Quarterthiophene-Based Dye as an Efficient Interface Modifier for Hybrid Titanium Dioxide/Poly (3-hexylthiophene)(P3HT) Solar Cells, A.Pirashanthan, T. Murugathas, Neil Robertson, P.Ravirajan, Dhayalan
Velauthapillai, Polymers 11 (11), 1752(2019).
Structural and Photoelectrochemical Characterization of Heterostructured Carbon Sheet/Ag 2 MoO 4 -SnS/Pt Photocapacitor, Authors of Document Kajana Thirunavukarasu, Dhayalan Velauthapillai, Yohi Shivatharsiny, Punniamoorthy Ravirajan, Akila Yuvapragasam, Meena Senthilnanthanan, Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry.
CoS2/TiO2 Nanocomposites for Hydrogen Production under UV Irradiation, S. Sivagowri, D. Vellauthapillai, P. Ravirajan, A.A. Christy, S.Yohi, Materials , 12, 3882, (2019).
SYNTHESIS AND CHARACTERIZATION OF NIOBIUM(V) AND SILVER(0)-DOPED VISIBLE LIGHT RESPONSIVE TITANIA NANORODS, R.B.S.D. Rajapakshe, A.S. Malikaramage, P., Ravirajan, Dhayalan Velauthapillai and R.M.G. Rajapakse, The 28th International Symposium on Transport Phenomena 22-24 September 2017, Peradeniya, Sri Lanka
Air-stable organic-inorganic metal halide perovskite material for solar cells co-authored by Uthayaraj, S, Shivatharsiny, R, Dhayalan, V, and Ravirajan, P, SOLAR ASIA – 2018, INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SOLAR ENERGY MATERIALS, SOLAR CELLS AND SOLAR ENERGY APPLICATIONS, January 4-6, 2017
Rajaramanan; Dhayalan Velauthapillai; P. Ravirajan; M. Senthilnanthanan, “Enhancing the performance of Dye Sensitized Solar Cells using Ru-doped TiO2 electrode”, presented at the International Conference on Advanced Materials for Clean Energy and Health Applications, Jaffna, Sri Lanka, 6-8 February 2019, 49.
Angelrubini Jebaranjan; Subramaniam Prabagar; R.C.L. De Silva; Meena Senthilnanthanan; Shivatharsiny Rasalingam, “Degradation of dyes by TiO2-loaded Graphene Oxide (TiO2-GO) materials under visible light illumination”, presented at the International Conference on Advanced Materials for Clean Energy and Health Applications, Jaffna, Sri Lanka, 6-8 February 2019, 119.
Structural and photoelectrochemical characterization of heterostructured Ag 2 MoO 4 -SnS 2 coated carbon sheet photocapacitor, T. Kajana, Y. Akila, R. Shivatharsiny, Dhayalan Velauthapillai, P.Ravirajan, M. Senthilnanthanan, Proceedings of the International Conference on Advanced Materials for Clean Energy and Health Applications (AMCEHA-2019), Jaffna, 6-8 Feb 2019, P164.
A. Pirashanthan, S.Uthayaraj, T.Rajaramanan, T. Thivakarasarma, M. Thanihaichelvan, S.Yohi, M.Senthilnanthanan, N. Robertson, V.Dhayalan and P. Ravirajan, “Enhancing the performance of Hybrid Nanocrystalline Metal oxides / Polymer Solar cells using dye as interface modifier”, presented at the International Research Symposium on Pure and Applied Sciences 2019, University of Kelaniya, Colombo, Sri Lanka, 25 October 2019,
A Novel Heterostructured Ag 2 CrO 4 : SnS Nanomaterial for Energy Conversion & Storage, Kajana Thirunavukarasu, Dhayalan Velauthapillai, Yohi Shivatharsiny, Punniamoorthy Ravirajan, Akila Yuvapragasam, Meena Senthilnanthanan, International Conference on Chemistry and
Phamaceutical Chemistry, London, 22-23 June 2020.
Multifunctionality of novel Ruthenium Dye (RuC) as an interface modifier for Nanocrystalline Titanium dioxide/Poly (3-heylthiophene) hybrid Solar Cells, Shivatharsiny Rasalingam 1, *, Arumugam Pirashanthan 2, Murugathas Thanihaichelvan 2, Kadarkaraisamy Mariappan 3, Dhayalan Velauthapillai 4 and Punniamoorthy Ravirajan 2, on January 6-8, 2019 at AMCEHA 2019, University of Jaffna.
Efficient Hybrid Titanium dioxide / Poly-3-hexylthiophene Solar Cells using an oligothiophene dye as an interface modifier, Pirashanthan. A 1, Suganya, S.1, Thanihaichelvan. M 1, N. Robertson 2, Dhayalan Velauthapillai 3, Ravirajan. P 1, on January 6-8, 2019 at AMCEHA 2019, University of Jaffna.
Sivagowri, D. Vellauthapillai, P. Ravirajan, A.A. Christy, S.Yohi, Impact of CoS2/TiO2 nanocomposite on Photocatalytic Degradation and Hydrogen production: A synergistic approach under extended solar irradiation, International Conference on Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, June 22-23, 2020.
2017 Q1 & Q2
|No.||Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)||Target / current||2017||2018||2019||2020||2021|
|1.||No. of student mobility among partnering institutions for research work||Target||1||2|
|2.||No. of staff mobility among partnering institutions for research work||Target||2||2||–||–||–|
|3.||Usage of the equipment purchased under the grant||Target||–||25||25||25||25|
|4.||No. of postgraduate students (MSc/MPhil/PhD)||Target||1||5||30|
|5.||No. of course units developed for Master degree programme||Target||–||15|
|6.||No. of school teachers/final years trained for TOT awareness programme on CET||Target||–||55||–||–||–|
|7.||No. of school students attended the awareness programme on CET||Target||–||2500||500||500||500|
|8.||No. of abstracts presented at the international conferences||Target||3||5||5||5||5|
|9.||No. of full papers published in Indexed journals||Target||0||2||2||2||2|
|10.||Percentage of the money spent within the year allocation (%)||Target||100||100||100||100||100|
Ongoing and future activities in 2017/2018
- HVL is in the process of employing a PhD research fellow PhD in Clean Energy Policy and Management at HVL with the funding from the Norwegian Embassy. 21 Applications have been received, and the applications are now under evaluation by an external committee. The best candidate will be appointed in the coming weeks.
- Development of a new master curriculum at University of Jaffna on nanomaterials for clean energy technologies is underway, and the new master program will be established in May 2018.
- The plans to improve the laboratory facilities are underway, and a few sophisticated equipment are purchased and are on its way to University of Jaffna.
- New PhD and Master students are recruited at UoJ and UoP and the research activities are progressing.
- In collaboration with Jaffna Science Association, outreach activities under this project are focused towards 4000 High school children and major activities are planned to recruit 80 TOTs. TOTs will be trained by the experts from UoJ and NIFS, and the TOTs will then the students will get hands on training on clean energy technologies from TOT’s. A major event to highlight the outcomes of these outreach activities will be organized in May 2018.
- A delegation consisting academics, researchers and persons from private sector working on clean energy technologies in Norway will visit Sri Lanka in the first/second week of May and will meet their counterparts in Sri Lanka. A seminar will be arranged to discuss how to enhance collaborations between the private sector and the educational institutions in both Norway and Sri Lanka.
- Two research articles are already published in reputed international journals. One conference paper with peer-review is published. Two journal articles under preparation and a number of conference presentations will be done both at ISNCHA2017 and solarasia2018 conference in the coming weeks.
- International Symposium on Nanomaterials for Clean Energy and Health Applications (ISNCHA2017) (isncha2017.in)
HVL and Coimbatore Institute of Technology have organized an international symposium in Coimbatore, India from 6th to 10th of December 2017. University of Jaffna is also a co-organizer of the symposium and a delegation from UoJ, UoP and NIFS will participate at the international symposium. A number of academics from Norway from HVL, UiB, UiO, Univ. of Agder and IFE will attend the symposium, and will held discussions with the Sri Lankan counterparts on enhancing the research and educational activities.
Experience of the Staff and Students in Norway under mobility programme